Memorial Day Schedules – Sunday, May 27, and Monday, May 28, 2018
By Pam Harnden, Staff Writer
FARMINGTON — American Legion Roderick-Crosby Post 28 will hold their annual services and parade on Monday. These include:
* 9 a.m. Wreath Laying Ceremony at WWI Monument on upper Main Street with Color Guard.
* 9:30 a.m. – Services at the Post Home, corner of High and Middle Streets. Welcome by Commander Matt Smith. Guest speaker Stephan Bunker. Wreath placed at American Legion memorial.
* 10 a.m. – Memorial Day Parade with wreaths placed at Meetinghouse Park and Courthouse Cemetery.
* Noonish – Light lunch served by the Auxiliary after the parade at the Post.
Annual service and parade will be held Monday afternoon.
* 2 p.m. Parade from Weld Town Hall to Library. Wreath laying at monuments, remarks and patriotic music, then parade back to town hall.
The Wilton Memorial Day event takes place on Sunday, May 27.
* 1 p.m. Sunday – Memorial observation at the Monument in downtown Wilton. Ray Wiers will recite Flanders Field. Rep. Russell Black (R-Wilton) will speak. A wreath placed on monument and one dropped in brook.
* Followed by a procession – not a parade – led by the Maine State Police Honor Guard from the Monument to Wilton Lion’s Club on Main Street. Covered wagon ride available. Rep. Black to speak. Prayer and wreaths placed at monuments there. Light refreshments served afterwards.